Saturday, September 14, 2013

Florida, Broadchurch and Other Ramblings

We're getting ready to leave for Florida on Tuesday, so I'm preparing another bag full of bunnies tomorrow to bring along. I'll also have a fair amount of course work to do, so I most likely won't be posting anything else while we're gone. I'll be back next week though, maybe even with some photos of hidden bunnies!

And since Fall is just around the corner, I'm working on a little pumpkin pie amigurumi-complete with pumpkin pie scent!
http://craftyiscool.blogspot.com/2011/11/free-pattern-friday-squeeze-n-sniff.html

In the meantime though, I'll be anxiously awaiting the penultimate episode of Broadchurch, my newest addiction. And that's not just because David Tennant stars in it.



...Although it was a big factor in getting me to watch it.

But seriously, I love this show! The storyline pulls you in from the first moment, and it has just the right combination of breakneck storytelling and emotional tension to keep you hooked. The town's grief over losing one of their own and the constant reminder that the killer is a member of their community for me is one of the strongest emotional tugs that I've felt from a tv show in a long time. The fact that they were able to hide the killer's identity for this long from the audience goes to show the awesome storytelling at work here. Everytime I watch it I can't wait for the next Wednesday.

At least I'll have something to look forward to when I come back from warm, sunny Florida.

~Bunii

No comments:

Post a Comment